Sunday, June 1, 2014

Anniversary Sunday

 Today we celebrated the 12 year anniversary of our church. It was started on June 2, 2002 with 18 people. God has blessed us over the years as we have labored to get the Gospel to every corner of the city. We have seen numerous souls saved and many of those follow the Lord in believer's baptism over the years. We had a decent number on hand for our services this morning and I was happy to have 20 in attendance for my Home and Family Class. We had one profession of faith made that is going to follow the Lord in baptism next week.
  After the morning service we had cake to celebrate. Mrs. Gaiser (pictured top) assisted us in serving the cake. Many came through and got a piece of cake afterwards. I was honored to receive a gift from the congregation for my years of service. I also had the Shining Lights Class give me a gift. I thank all who contributed to the gift. I have enjoyed the past 12 years. We have laughed together, cried together, and won souls together. I love every member of our church and thank you for being a part of our church.
 After the cake I took a moment to visit with a few of our kids from one of our two bus routes. I love these kids along with the numerous adults that come to our church. In a couple of weeks promotion Sunday will be coming and we will be starting some new Sunday school classes. One such class is going to be a College and Career Class. That will take us to three adult classes. I am excited to add another class that gives us another hook in the water for more souls and potential church members.