Friday, April 11, 2014

Sunday Night 101


We went soul winning last night and had 30 saved while out on the streets. I was extremely excited about it. Especially, since we only had 21 soul winners out which is a down number for us. The street we were on started out rather rough and unfriendly. Blaise and my daughter Debbie were my partners and we were having to really plow through some unfriendly people. My wife and her partner though approached a porch of four adults and she was able to win all four of them to Christ after about 20 minutes. Then Blaise came across a group of five boys playing basketball and he won them to Christ while Debbie and I went to a door and won a dying mother Christ. Somebody say Amen!

It was a rough start for most of our groups, but very fruitful in the end. I wasn't sure how it would go when we started out by having a drunk man trying to board our bus once we pulled up to drop off our first group. I don't know if he thought we were some kind of public transportation or what, but once we got rid of him we started unloading the groups onto the streets for the next hour. All who came out had a great time!

This weekend starts our Sunday Night 101 campaign. For the next four weeks we are trying to have an emphasis placed on bringing folks to our Sunday night services. I am running it like a classroom with me as the teacher and the Bible as our text book. Each week whoever brings the most visitors will be rewarded by the teacher. Then whoever brings at least three visitors over the four weeks can make the field trip list, which will be a trip to the Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha. It will be a fun field trip. I will be preaching about "Good Friday or Good Wednesday" this first Sunday night. I hope to see you all come and participate.