Monday, March 3, 2014

This is Brother Ed Fauth who is a 86 years old and a faithful member of our church. He went 'out' back in January with a bad infection. It made him very weak and caused him to have to go to a nursing home/rehab hospital for four weeks. He just got out a few days ago and couldn't wait to get back to church. One of his jobs at the church is to work in the kitchen handing out doughnuts and coffee before Sunday school. He wasn't really supposed to be standing that long, but insisted on being back at his post. Once he was down there he told me that "now everything is in order because I got my building back." By building he meant 'spot.' I decided to take a picture of him. He was also back on Sunday night for church. I told him he was like the "Comeback Kid." Praise God for faithful people like Brother Fauth!

Speaking of Sunday, Brother Fauth chose one of the coldest ones of the year to make his return. It was -4 degrees on Sunday morning with -27 degree wind chill factor. We had church and we ran our bus route. It was a low attendance day overall, but a great spirit abounded and we even had a visiting couple come in. One of my members told me that there were 25 churches in our town that had canceled church that morning. That is ridiculous! I never even had that though cross my mind.

Sunday night we had a good service as well. The temperatures were supposed to drop to -10 overnight, but we keep it warm inside the building, between the furnace and the preaching. We had 42 folks here in attendance with a good spirit. I preached a message called "The Lions Are Lacking." There was a great response as I preached that message primarily from Psalm 34:10. I challenged our people to "seek the Lord." The altars were full at the invitation. I am looking forward to our Wednesday night Bible study as we continue our "Back to the Basics Theme."