Monday, March 24, 2014

Great Sunday and a Great Conference


Pictured above is Yom who got baptized this past Sunday morning. Yom was led to Christ the previous week by our assistant pastor through the use of an Arabic translator. She was being given instructions here in Arabic right before I baptized her! We had a great Sunday morning with another coming forward to join our church. It is the third week in a row we have had people join by either statement of faith or letter of transfer. God is starting to do some special things in our church. "I can feel it in my bones", so to speak. Ha! God is really blessing us as a church and I think it is an exciting time to be a member of Lincoln Baptist Church.

On Sunday afternoon my wife and I took off to head to the "Old Paths Conference" in Longview, Texas. The drive is long and I decided to leave early to help cut the drive down, plus there had been some reports of snow coming overnight Sunday night. I do not think it amounted to much, but we left early anyway. My son and assistant pastor preached at our church and my wife and I attended services at Riverside Baptist Church in Hutchinson, KS. Dr. Richard Haley is the pastor there. We enjoyed listening to Dr. Haley preach a message called "Canaan or Bust." He did a great job. Afterwards we enjoyed some fellowship with him and his wife before heading on into Oklahoma where we stopped at a town called Blackwell for the night. While at Riverside Baptist Church a great thing happened to me. A lady walked up to me with tears in her eyes and started shaking my hand. She said to me, "I want to thank you for leading my son to Christ before he died." I was puzzled for a moment and then the lady mentioned his name. I remembered leading her son to Christ six years earlier in the Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital in our town. As this woman kept thanking me with tears, it brought a tear to my own eye. It caused me to think, everybody we lead to Christ is someone else's son, daughter, mother, father, brother, or sister. We just never know who we are leading to Christ. It always pays to be a soul winner!

The other picture here is from the Monday night service of the Old Paths Conference at the Longview Baptist Temple in Longview, Texas. I love to hear Alvin Martinez sing! I listened to Dr. Bob Gray II preach a message called "America Needs Preachers" then, I listened to Dr. B.G. Buchanan preach a message called "One of Them." Both were great messages. I try to go at least one time a year to a good Bible Conference to help keep my own heart and mind spiritually sharp and fresh for the Lord's work. May God bless the rest of this conference.