Friday, March 7, 2014

Don't Forget the "Old School"

We had a good service Wednesday night with me teaching a Bible study on the "Role of the New Testament Baptist Church." We have been teaching our doctrinal statement for our yearly theme of "Back to the Basics" and right now spending some time teaching on the church.

Thursday night we went soul winning with 25 soul winners out on the bus. We covered the Regency Apartment Complex and had seven trust Christ as their Saviour. That actually wasn't too bad for just going to one complex with everybody. The wonderful thing about it is that every single soul that comes to trust Christ is precious to God.

Next Monday and Tuesday we have our "Old School" conference. I am very excited about having Dr. Bob Gray the 2nd as our special guest speaker for it. He is becoming more popular all the time as a speaker and we are honored to be able to have him come speak for us here at our church.

Dr. Gray the 2nd is the pastor of the Longview Baptist Temple in Longview, Texas. That is my home church and the church that Lincoln Baptist Church was birthed by and out of back in 2002. Dr. Gray the 2nd's father, Dr. Bob Gray Sr. was my pastor back then. However, I still served under Dr. Bob Gray the 2nd through the church and the college. I remember the years I spent in Longview with much fondness, and am grateful for the influence I gain from Dr. Gray the 2nd and all of the many fine mentors I had there. I do pray you will be able to make our conference starting Monday night at 7 PM.

One last thing I would like to mention is a prayer request for Sam Smith. He is a young man from Heritage Baptist Church in Lawrence, Kansas who was in a bad accident involving a semi truck yesterday (Thursday). He has seventeen broken bones and is in surgery today. He is the brother of Faith Smith whom is soon to marry my son, Brother Jonathan. Please pray for his recovery and for the family during these difficult times.