Sunday, May 7, 2017

Celebrating a Birthday IN Church Instead of OUT


When I was out visiting on Saturday, I visited Hla at his house and he told he had to go to church the next day because it was his birthday. These were refreshing words to the ears of a pastor. Usually, I hear that one cannot make it to church tomorrow because it is their birthday. Sure enough, Hla and wife and daughter were in church. I took them to lunch afterwards to help celebrate his birthday some more. Hla and his family have been coming to our church since 2010. They are a very nice family. In fact Hla's wife Tha Be will be in Burma this Summer when I am in Thailand and wanted us to come and visit her family there. I told them that maybe we can do it the next year.
Saw Pwah


This is Saw Pwah who I ate dinner with Saturday night. His daughter is going to start translating for us this next week for soul winning. He has a very talented family and they are wanting me to to travel to their village in their homeland and see about us starting a church there. I told him that we will make plans for that trip in 2020 when we will be more ready to take on such a task. He said he will be planning and saving his money.

Overall we had a good Sunday. Three adult visitors came and we saw one follow the Lord in baptism. The attendance was a little low as many battled the city marathon trying to get to church.
Anto was wearing a new dress.


Tamaner brought her sister in law