Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Couple of Good Stories This Week

Helen and my wife
On Thursday night my wife and I were door knocking in a neighborhood and ran across a lady named Helen Moo. I mentioned to her that she just recently got married. She seemed surprised and says to me, "How do you know?" I told her that a man and his wife in my church told me they were going to Helen Moo's wedding a few weeks ago. I told her that another man in my church texted the same day and told me he was going to a friend's wedding that the name he gave me was the same name. I told her that since she said her name was this, I figure that it must be her. My wife and I were able to see her trust Christ as her Saviour that night. I was also able to led her brother to Christ, her sister and her sister's husband to Christ too. Praise God for a small world sometimes...

Then on Saturday while out visiting our Karen route we stopped at one of our regular riders homes. When I knocked on the door there were a couple of Jehovah's "False" Witnesses there. They were feeding a line of false doctrine to our church members just like a pack of wolves luring in a flock of sheep for the kill. I began to denounce their lies and one of the JFW's slammed the door in my face telling me they were having a private conversation here. I started to walk away and thought to myself, wait a minute. I was invited in by the people that come to my church every week for almost 2 years now and all of a sudden I was being kicked out by some strangers. I figured as a pastor I have an obligation to protect my flock from false doctrine. So I went back into the house and began to denounce these lies being told against my Saviour Jesus Christ. The JFW's finally got frustrated when I continued to interfere with their lies and they left. I was then able to witness to the kids Aunt who was there and she accepted Christ as her Saviour. My wife and our translator were surprised at my boldness, but were glad that I did what I did. What kind of a shepherd runs from the wolf that is trying to slaughter the flock?

We had a good mother days service today with multiple visitors coming. God has been good to us!