Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Importantance of a Little Extra Bible Study

 I had just blogged about a new lady named Mary who had just came out soul winning this past Thursday night. Well, this past Saturday afternoon my wife spent some time taking Mary through a "Grow in Grace" booklet (By Mercy and Truth Ministries). The first lesson was on salvation. Mary had previously been a Buddhist and had gotten saved in Austin, Texas several years ago. However, after completing the first lesson with my wife Mary said that she had never understood all of that before and made a decision to accept Christ.
When I arrived home that afternoon my wife and Mary where in our dining room. Mary said to me, "Pastor, I only had a head knowledge before and not a heart knowledge, so I decided to accept Jesus today." She also said to me, "Now, I must take baptism again." Praise God, come Sunday morning she did just that! You see several years ago Mary did something; she left Buddhism behind. However, she had not come all the way to truly understanding and accepting Christ as her personal Saviour. We should never underestimate the importance of a little extra Bible study! For Mary the difference between Heaven and Hell was 18 inches.