Monday, July 7, 2014

Holiday Weekend

 This is Nay Say who asked me if he could have his picture taken with me and my wife to send to his family back in Thailand. He has been coming to our church for a long time and of course I was more than happy to have my picture taken with him. It was the Fourth of July weekend and we actually had a decent day. We had average attendance with a couple of visitors. One such visitor was Lance (pictured below) who got saved at our invitation time and then followed the Lord in Believer's Baptism. Praise God for a church that still wins them and baptizes them in the same day.

We had just returned from a six day vacation to East Texas. It was a relaxing time for our family and we enjoyed being in our old church (LBT) for the Wednesday night service. While on vacation our family was able to see seven people trust Christ as their Saviour. What a tremendous blessing it was to give out Gospel tracts and win souls along the way.

On our return trip Saturday, I was able to stop by a small Nebraska town where I would love to see our church be able to start another church some day in the not so distant future. Please pray that the Lord will allow us to start some churches in the next several years.

On Sunday night we had a patriotic service. I preached a message about our nations first independence day and the altars were full at the invitation. I was pleased to see our newest member Lance back for church that evening. I look forward to the start of our Summer Soul Winning 101 this next Thursday night as well. We are praying for 35 soul winners to come out and help us reach our city for Christ! Pray that we will be successful in accomplishing this task as many times as we can for the next two months.