Monday, July 14, 2014

A Parent Dedication Day

We had our first week of Summer Soul Winning 101 and had 29 soul winners out Thursday night. We had an incredible 34 saved that night and finished the weekend with 50 souls saved. On Sunday we had four of them make public professions of faith in Christ. Praise God for soul winners.

Pictured to the right with me is Longa, one of my favorite little fellows. He was sporting a new pin stripe suit and I asked him for a picture. I love pin stripe suits! Longa is saved and has been coming to our church with his family for about 6 or 7 years. This is one of the reasons why we must go soul winning, is to keep reaching families like this one.

Pictured below is the Joshua Looper family. They had requested to have their two youngest children dedicated several weeks back. So we held a parent and baby dedication during the Sunday evening service. I presented the father with a red rose to be symbolic of the blood line that comes through the father and the responsibility for the spiritual leadership of the home that comes with it. I presented the mother with a yellow rose to be a symbol of the mother's love. There is something special about a mother's tender hand and loving prayers. Then I presented the two boys with white roses to be symbolic of being pure and spotless. My prayer is that these boy's souls will be pure and spotless before the Rapture comes! AMEN and AMEN!