Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Adaptability in Soul Winning

Missionary Saint Jomhong soul winning here last September
Last Thursday night I was out soul winning with my partner Say Nay Moo. While out soul winning we knocked on a door and had a Thai man answer the door who was named Sakda. Sadka is the first actual Thai man I have ever met in this city in the almost 14 years I have been here. We have many Burmese refugees here who use to live in refugee camps in Thailand, but before now not any actual Thai people. This man Sadka did not speak much English and my partner who speaks many languages, only spoke a little Thai. The man had acknowledge that he did not know he was going to heaven, but I was at a loss at how we could get him the Gospel...

Then it occurred to me that Missionary to Thailand; Saint Jomhong is still living in the United States. I had Saint's cell phone number and called him up. I told him what I was doing and that I had a man right in front of me from Thailand that was lost. I handed my phone to Sadka and Saint who speaks Thai fluently went right to work presenting the Gospel. After about ten minutes the man bowed his head and trusted Christ as his Saviour. Praise God!

Sometimes while out soul winning we have to adapt. I am glad Saint was available by phone and I am glad that I was able to think fast at the door. In this case our adaptability worked! Praise God for another soul going to Heaven!