Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Converting of a Buddhist

These little girls were won to Christ by my wife last Thursday night and came to church on one of our bus routes on Sunday. The interesting thing about the whole story involves the parents of these two little 2nd graders. The little girl on the left has a mother named Kyi, she was of the Buddhist faith. The little girl on the right has a mother named Ta, she was already saved 15 years ago. Ta speaks good English and Kyi speaks almost no English. They are neighbors and both are Karen folks from the land of Burma.

This past Thursday night I was invited inside to talk with the parents while my wife was allowed to witness to their daughters. As I spoke with the parents I used Ta to translate the Gospel into their language for Kyi. I asked Kyi about going to Heaven and if she wanted to know how? She said yes, and after about a ten minute Gospel presentation she bowed her head and trusted Christ. It was exciting! I never get tired of seeing another soul come to Christ! Then to my amazement both wanted their kids to ride the Sunday school bus. Praise God!