Monday, February 10, 2014


Last night I really enjoyed listening to our Sons of Grace Quartet sing "There is a Fountain." It is an old time classic song, but it is one of my favorites. I could never get tired of hearing it. I then got up and preached out of Acts chapter 2 about how we need to spend time daily in prayer, Bible reading, and out soul winning. The altars were full at the invitation. We had good services in the morning too with two getting saved and following the Lord in believer's baptism.

Our theme this year is "Back to the Basics" and I am really enjoying it. I am teaching our doctrinal statement on Wednesday nights and many have been coming to hear the teaching on what we believe. I believe it is important for people to know what we believe and why we believe it. Our theme is based on an old time school setting and we will be linking everything we do this year back to that theme. This concept will start with our Bible conference on March 10th and 11th when we have Dr. Bob Gray the 2nd here to preach from the Longview Baptist Temple in Longview, Texas. In case you didn't catch the last blog I posted, we will be calling our Bible conference "Old School." May God bless you and we will see you on the soul winning trail.