Thursday, January 5, 2012



I am a little slow in getting to my blog this week. Truth is I have been very busy. The end of the year is one of the busiest times of the year for me, especially since I am actually my own secretary. That means I do a lot of the record keeping and letter typing! To top it off we are remodelling one of our restrooms and I have been heavily involved in that as well.

However, we did have a great first service of the year last Sunday. There were 117 in the morning and 55 Sunday night. We had three professions of faith Sunday morning and one baptized. On Sunday night we spent some time reflecting on 2011 and its accomplishments. One of the biggest things that stuck out to me was the 2,001 salvations that our church had. Wow! That is an almost 900 increase from last year. Of course we have increased our number of soul winners and were at one time averaging almost 30 soul winners out every week. Plus, many of our soul winners are starting to mature and become aggressive soul winners. For example we had 7 soul winners that had over 100 people saved this year, compared to 3 last year. That is pretty good for a little church like ours.

We also recognized two individuals for their hard work. Mrs. Miller pictured to my right was given the Cultivator Award, given out annually to one who is helping our church to grow. She has been a faithful Sunday school teacher for exactly two years and has only been saved for about three years. By the way, she personally had over 100 people saved. That is pretty good! The other award given out is what we called the Ox Award, given to the hardest worker. This award was given to Brother Houdek to recognize all his hard physical labor that he performs around our church. Anything from cutting the grass to cleaning the toilets, you name it and he does it! I thank the Lord for such a wonderful group of people to pastor.