Sunday, September 27, 2015

Christ is Our Mission

Iraqi lady praying and trusting Christ through translator.
We had the second week of our Sunday school campaign called "Christ is Our Mission." God was really good to us. We saw 28 people trust Christ as their Saviour this week! Perhaps one of the more interesting situations is an Iraqi lady who got saved at the invitation time of the morning service. She has lived in America a few years and actually knew a lot of English. I was able to present the Gospel to her in English. We did run into a little snag toward the end of the presentation and I was able to call upon one of our church members from Sudan named Amiot. Amiot speaks Arabic fluently as well as several other languages and she was able to assist me in leading this lady. Praise God for a diverse church!

I am thankful that we can have someone from almost any part of the world walk into our church and be able to be presented a clear presentation of the Gospel in their language. We have one member that can speak 12 different languages! Praise God!!!!
Plavia getting baptized!
We also had Plavia from South Sudan come as a visitor for my mother today. She trusted Christ as her Saviour and followed the Lord in believer's baptism this morning. It was exciting to see her willingness to follow the Lord in the first step of obedience after trusting Christ. Please pray for her spiritual growth as she continues to come to church. 

Shee Say and Htee Say
We had a good day on all of the buses. The Karen route had a solid attendance day. My wife had her picture taken with two of the new riders that are actually becoming quite faithful. Shee Say and Htee Say along with their older brother attend every week now. God is really blessing this ministry as my wife and I are striving to learn the Burmese language.

One thing for our church to remember as we strive to win many nationalities to Christ is what the Bible says in 1 Chronicles 28:7 "Moreover I will establish his kingdom for ever, if he be constant to do my commandments and my judgments, as at this day." If we be constant as a church, God will establish His work in these nationality groups.