Sunday, November 23, 2014

Beka's Converts

This is my daughter Beka and her converts from Thursday night soul winning. (From left to right.) The boy on the end is Sa Paw, then Wa Way Paw, then Say Kay Paw, then Marry Paw, and then my daughter. Marry Paw was actually my convert from Saturday and a neighbor to the others who are all siblings. My daughter Beka won them to Christ Thursday night and was excited to bring them to church on Sunday as her visitors. These are Karen children and they rode the Karen Van route that we have recently started. We actually had 14 on that Karen route this week, which was really good.

These Karen people originate from Burma and one of my heroes of the faith Adoniram Judson was one of the first people to ever reach them back in the early 1800's. One might wonder what is so special about these people, but all people are special to God. I promise you this, God will bless us for reaching these people and caring about them. I also consider it a privilege to reach people that the great missionary Judson tried to reach.

Today was Bible Sunday and I preached about the Bible all day. This morning I taught on the King James Bible and what is wrong with all these other versions. One of our people came to me after wards and said, "Thanks, I never knew that, now I know the truth." That is great when you can help someone grow in the faith!