Sunday, October 23, 2011



Today we had a decent crowd in both the morning and evening services. We also had one baptized in the morning service and one baptized in the evening service. This is Justin who got baptized in the evening service. I met Justin on Saturday morning while making a visit. I witnessed to him and he very nicely told me, he just does not believe Christ died for him. I left him with a tract and told him that "faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God." I was surprised to see him come to services Sunday morning. One of our altar workers talked to him, but he told them the same thing he told me on Saturday. After services let out and most everybody left, Justin came back and asked one of the men if he could talk to me. I visited with Justin in my office. He asked me what convinced me about Christ and how to be saved. I told him my testimony and challenged him to trust Christ. However, he said he was still unsure and I did not try and force him at all. I did give him a little booklet called Grow in Grace. The first chapter is on salvation. I told him to work the first chapter of the booklet. He came back Sunday night and said he did the whole booklet and spent about 2 hours on it. I preached and gave the invitation. He raised his hand saying he was lost. I went to him at the invitation and he said he was ready to trust Christ! Praise God! Thank God for soul winning. I knew God was working on his heart, because he kept coming back and coming back. I prayed for the Holy Ghost to convict him several times before he got saved. I sure am glad that he did!